Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Deadly Storm

Author: Richard Castle
Goodreads Rating: 3.52
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Pages: 112


I love Castle the show, so whenever the books come out I get double excited because its my two favorite things, books and tv, all in one, how could I not be excited? I got this book from the library and read it in less than an hour, its a really quick read, so if you're a fan of the show, this was a super easy read. What was best about the timing of this book was getting to be introduced to a character from the book in the show.


Synopses from Goodreads.com:


CASTLE fans rejoice! For the first time anywhere, CASTLE's titular hero Derrick Storm comes to life in the pages of this all-new graphic novel. This "adaptation" of Derrick Storm's first novel adventure takes our hero from the gritty world of the private eye all the way to the globe-hopping intrigue of the CIA. Eisner Award-winning Marvel Architect Brian Bendis and red hot Osborn writer Kelly Sue DeConnick worked closely with CASTLE creator Andrew Marlowe to create the one thing millions of CASTLE fans have been asking for: Their first real Derrick Storm adventure. A wall-to-wall, gritty, witty, globe-hopping detective thrill ride for fans of the hit TV show starring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic, as well as fans of darn good comic books.


Read the review after the jump!

My biggest problem when reading the Castle books is that the language is so flowery, its not only distracting but it makes it harder to read. Don't get me wrong, its beautiful language, but its excessive. Luckily because this was a graphic novel, we didn't have all that language explaining everything. I thought the illustrations were great and a lot of fun (although at one point a chick kinda looked like a guy...that was weird).


I also liked this because it was a deviation from the Nikki Heat story and I was always curious about the Storm stories. The way that the ending left it made me hope that they would do more of the graphic novels or at least release another book. The story line was a classic absurd Castle story, except instead of murders we had CIA operations.


I enjoyed Storms humor because its the same as Castles, and I didn't like Clara because of the association with the woman that isn't Beckett. Sadly this is another post without a lot of meat because it was just a graphic novel and there really wasn't much to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...