Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #1

Waiting on Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This meme gives bloggers the chance to talk about a book that may not be coming out for a few months, but that they are still excited about. I try to avoid doing too many memes and whatnot, but this week, I'm crazy busy with getting ready for graduation that I have hardly had time to put a book in my hands. 


So without further adieu:


The Raft 
by S.A. Bodeen
Publication Date: August 21, 2012 


Goodreads Synopses:


Robie is an experienced traveler. She’s taken the flight from Honolulu to the Midway Atoll, a group of Pacific islands where her parents live, many times. When she has to get to Midway in a hurry after a visit with her aunt in Hawaii, she gets on the next cargo flight at the last minute. She knows the pilot, but on this flight, there’s a new co-pilot named Max. All systems are go until a storm hits during the flight. The only passenger, Robie doesn’t panic until the engine suddenly cuts out and Max shouts at her to put on a life jacket. They are over miles of Pacific Ocean. She sees Max struggle with a raft.

And then . . . she’s in the water. Fighting for her life. Max pulls her onto the raft, and that’s when the real terror begins. They have no water. Their only food is a bag of Skittles. There are sharks. There is an island. But there’s no sign of help on the way.



We all know I'm a survivalist at heart, so this story really stands out to me, and in a way reminds me of Life of Pi which is one of my favorite books. I'm really hoping that I get to dive into this book because it just sounds wicked awesome. I just hope that Bodeen pulls it off right.


So what about you? What book do you wish they would publish tomorrow?
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. The Raft sounds good, and I love the cover art!

    My WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's on my to-read list too. Such a cool premise! Can't wait to read it, such a shame we have to wait until August though. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, while I was reading the synosis, I totally thought of "Cast Away" and "Life of Pi" ahaha! This sounds awesome, great pick! :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...