Thursday, November 22, 2012

False Memory

Author:  Dan Krokos
Goodreads Rating: 4.00
My Rating: 4.5 Stars
Pages: 336
Reviewed by: Nicole

Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn't at all surprised by Miranda's shocking ability.
Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn't easy--especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can't remember loving. Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn't seem to matter...when there may not be a future.
Dan Krokos' debut is a tour-de-force of non-stop action that will leave readers begging for the next book in this bold and powerful new series.
Loved this book. If it weren't for a few confusing moments, I probably would have given it a full 5 stars. I liked the concept of the book, it was really really interesting. I liked that we sort of got to learn everything about Miranda and her friends as she did. Everything was just as new to her as it was to us the readers. 

I loved that the book also gave you a while bunch of emotions that Miranda has to deal with, like this overwhelming sense of loss that she felt after learning that she lost her memory and that she lost all of her friends and the memory of her boyfriend. I couldn't imagine that. I liked getting to know Peter, Noah and Olive and what type of relationship they had.

Like I said some of the book was really confusing, and I can't tell you why because it would spoil some of the book. Feel free to get at me on any of the social networking sites I'm on to find out why. 

Sadly what made this book so great was the fact that behind every corner was a new surprise. And you know how I hate to spoil you when it comes to all the new exciting twists that a book has to offer.

I loved getting to know Peter, Noah, Olive and Miranda, they each had their own personalities and their own quirks. I can't wait for book two where we get to learn more about the "Alpha" team and where they came from. This is for sure a book to check out.
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...