Friday, May 3, 2013

BEA Blitz: Lili from Lili's Reflections





Joining me today is Lili from Lili's Reflections. Lil has been a dear friend of my for the past few months, and I've sort of taken her under my wing, and we're going to BEA together. I've wanted to include her in this even though she hasn't gone because there is nothing like the perspective of someone who is going for the first time.

When did you first find out about BEA?


So, I created my blog on May 17 and had no idea what BEA was, but shortly after creating my blog my newsfeed was swarmed with a ton of posts about BEA, about the books they got there, the people they met, the experience as a whole. In truth, I was green with envy because the event as a whole sounded so amazing. I dreamed of being able to attend this year and my parents decided to make it a reality by giving me the trip as my graduation gift. I'm so excited. I don't know if I'll ever be able to attend again in the future, but I certainly won't take this opportunity for granted.

What are you looking forward to most?


I'm looking forward to the event as a whole. I don't have many bookish friends in my area or in my life directly, so I'm excited to enter a world where everyone is the same as me. We're all nuts, we all love books, we all can't get enough. Sign me up! <3

What book are you looking forward to most?

Oh, gosh. This is honestly the hardest question you could ask of me ever. There are too many to name. I'm definitely looking forward to ANTIGODDESS by Kendare Blake. Just read the book's premise because I am so freaking excited for it. And then there's THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLD TOWN which is by Holly Black. I've read several of her books and loved them all, so I have really high expectations for this one. FRIGID by J. Lynn is a new adult written by Jennifer L. Armentrout who has never steered me wrong and SANCTUM #2 by Sarah Fine entitled FRACTURED. Sarah is not only one of my best author friends, but she's one of my favorites as well. SANCTUM completely blew me away and I've been awaiting the release of its sequel for over a year. If you haven't checked out SANCTUM, I highly recommend doing so.

What are you hoping to accomplish at BEA?

I'm really looking to network in all honesty. I want to meet other bloggers and make new friends. I want to meet my author friends that I have yet to meet and make new author friends. I want to look at the publishing booths and talk to the individuals there, especially since I am pursuing a dual degree to get a Masters of Science in Publishing in NYC beginning next year. And, of course, I'm sort of dying to get my hands on a few specific books haha There are always some bookish perks.

What are you going to be doing while not at BEA?

I'm going to be sleeping... lol Not really. While not at BEA I'm going to be spending time with the people I'm rooming with and sorting through the amazing pile of books I will hopefully accumulate. I may even be stupid enough to forget what little sleep I can get during the event in order to read one. (But I really hope I'm not that stupid).

How much planning are you putting into BEA?

I've been very lucky in the sense that my BEA big sister has been doing 90% of my planning for me haha I'm still trying ot understand the author signings chart and such, but I'm doing my best to create my own little schedule to adhere to while there. Either way, I still feel like I'll be extremely overwhelmed in the best possible way and go off on my own tangent.

Can't you just feel her excitement? Be sure to check out Hannah's post tomorrow!


Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Love this interview! Lil's enthusiasm is so catching! I love that we're doing this series of interviews, and getting a new attendee's perspective prior to the event is so fun. I can't wait to see if Lili accomplishes all she wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for including me, Hannah! <3 Can't wait to meet you on the first night with Nicole!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...