Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sunny Sweet Is So NOT Sorry

Author: Jennifer Ann Mann
Goodreads Rating: 4.50
Pages: 208
Format: ARC from BEA13


We’ve all woken up on the wrong side of the bed. But have you ever woken up stuck to the bed? Masha Sweet has. And there’s only one possible reason: her little sister Sunny. Masha is used to Sunny’s evil genius ways, but the glue Sunny used to secure a bouquet of plastic daisies to Masha’s head is not coming out! The girls have to stay home from school and through a bizarre turn of events, they wind up at the hospital. It’s the perfect place to fix Masha’s head…but first they will (almost) contract a (not so) killer virus, steal a cast, and lead the nurses on a wild goose chase. When this is all over, Sunny Sweet is going to be so sorry!



Talk about story of my life. When we heard about this book at BEA, I knew that I had to get it. We were sitting in our hotel room chatting about different drops that were going to be happening the next day, and when Marjory read the synopses of this book, and my sister points a finger at me and goes "THATS YOU!"

Funny Story, right after we moved into our house, my older sister was left to babysit me. I was about 3 years old and my sister was 20 at the time. My mom had this really cool cookie jar that was Bugs Bunny. The top of it was a Bugs sitting outside of a bunny hole with a carrot. Now, I decided while my sister was distracted watching TV, that I wanted to have some cookies. During my adventure into the cookie jar, I pulled my arm out, and knocked Bugs off the counter. Lucky for me, he didn't shatter because at the time we still had a carpet in our kitchen (Who does that anyway), but Bug's ear did snap off. Rather than fess up to my crime, I took the cookie jar (and all the cookies in it) down to my sister's room. I finished off all the cookies and hid the jar in my sister's closet. When my parents came home my mom wanted to know where the cookie jar went because it wasn't exactly something that would go unnoticed. So I told my mom "I don't know, but I think I saw Jenny eating them in her room."

Clearly my parent's didn't believe me over my responsible 20 year old sister. But that was what they call the beginning of my life as a "criminal." Moral of the story is, my sister considers me her evil kid sister who tried to ruin her life (I didn't try to ruin her life, but she saw the parallel between Sunny and her sister Masha and our sisterhood. Sunny was a much worse little sister than I ever was.

I really loved the relationship between Masha and Sunny because even though they were terrible to one another, they really did love each other. I also loved that this book is now going to be a series, and that they are going to be even more stories where Sunny is awful to Masha but tries to make it right in the end. I think that this is a super cute and quick read, and is great for any one with siblings boy or girl.

There were so many great characters in this book and a lot of lessons for the young readers to enjoy. I'm looking forward to what sort of trouble Masha and Sunny will be getting into next.
The Courts Decision:


Nicole

1 comment:

  1. I gasped when I got to the part of your story where you said you thought you saw your sister eating the cookies in her room! Hysterical!! Thank you for your story and this SWEET review!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...