Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Soldiers of Halla (Pendragon #10)

Author: D.J. MacHale
Goodreads rating: 4.28
Pages: 594
Format: Final Copy
  Every question is answered. Every truth is revealed. The final battle has begun.

It was all leading up to this moment. Nine books—nine battles for nine territories—have brought Bobby Pendragon to where he is now. At last, Bobby and the rest of the travelers must join forces in an epic war against Saint Dane for not only one last territory, but for all of Halla. With more than three million books in print, the number one New York Times bestselling Pendragon series has a huge and passionate fan base, and these fans will not be disappointed as the series comes to an action-packed and satisfying conclusion in the tenth and final installment.

***WARNING! THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS! READ ONLY TO THE NEXT WARNING!***** 


Well that's it. The final book. I finally finished the series I started reading 10 years ago when I was going into high school. To be honest, I put off reading this book for a while. It's because I knew that this was where all the questions would be answered, all the wondering what would happen next would cease, because there wouldn't be a next. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to know what happened after book 9 with Bobby, Courtney, Mark and the other travelers. But I just didn't want the wondering to stop. Finally I decided it was time. Time to see what became of our beloved characters in the finale.

This book was amazing(to say the least)! It was such an emotional roller coaster. I started by reading the author's note in the beginning and almost cried. It made everything seem so... final. That this was really it. The end of Bobby's story. Throughout the book, I laughed, cried, and shouted in disbelief at all the answers to questions you've had since book 1. Everything gets wrapped up into a nice little bow. The book has so many twists and turns that you don't ever really know what's going to happen next. And the ending.... :') This was a fabulous book, and series, that I will treasure always and will probably force upon my friends more than once. It gets a well deserved 5 stars from me. And so we go :)

**** WARNING! WARNING!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!! STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK!!!!*****




Without giving away too much, I was almost disappointed with the ending. It was shaping up to be the "it was all just a dream" kind of ending which, although I haven't seen too much of, was still a little bit of a let down. However, as I kept reading the last chapter, it was growing into more than that. More of an epilogue, which once you realized it, made me start to cry. Bobby got his wish. Even when it was shaping up to be a story he created based on his life, it was still sweet. But this ending, you get to see what would have happened to Bobby if he didn't go with Press that fateful night. You got to see what would have become of Mark, Courtney and Bobby in their lives. It was truly a very happy ending.

The Court's Decision: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...