Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I Want to Go to BEA, Now What?!




So you've been hearing about it for months, maybe even years, but now you've decided you want to go. Or many this post is inspiring you to ask "What the Heck is BEA?"

The What

BEA or Book Expo America is the Comic Con for book fans. As a Blogger, this is your Promised Land with books and swag and fantastic people every which way that you turn. This event occurs every year in May and it is something that people in the book world look forward to all year.


The When
This year it's taking place starting May 27th ending on May 29th. If you're feeling ambitious, you can check out BookCon on May 30th and 31st. This year has had a few changes, starting with it being entirely during the week, and as someone who doesn't get many vacation days, it's worth at least one.


The Who
Not the band, but you! Book lovers from all around the world are going to be coming to this, so if you can, then you should too! I met Hannah from Hannah Reads Books who was from Australia as well as Kat from Cuddlebuggery who is also from Australia. There are so many people there and you don't have to worry about finding something in common, because you already have the most important thing in common; Books.


The Where
For the last year, come on out to New York for the greatest Book Convention ever. Live in the tristate area? Great! You should take some kind of transportation in and come check it out, even if it is for a day!


The Why
I'm not sure I really need to explain this one to you, if you're on my blog, looking at the 5 W's of BEA, then maybe you already have a clue about why you want to go to BEA.

BEA is my favorite time of year, not just because of the books, but because this conference brought me my two best friends, and some of my favorite memories. This conference is more than just books, it's about bringing people together and proving that this isn't a dying business.
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned I love you? 'Cause I do. And I love BEA for bringing us together 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...