Friday, June 26, 2015

All I Want For My Birthday Are.... Books! (duh)

For as long as I can remember, my family and friends have never had to ask me what I wanted for gifts. Christmas, Easter, birthdays were filled with books and CDs galore! Now that mp3 players have become all the rage, I've dropped the CD idea but the books request has held strong!

With that little piece of background info....Hey everybody!! Today is my birthday!! :) And to celebrate my birthday, I am putting my "wishlist" of books (my top ten TBR list so to speak; sorry it's not Tuesday and there will only be about 5. I don't want to be too greedy) and hopefully I will be receiving some from friends and family (and possibly from a gift from me, to me) on this glorious day of days!

So without further ado, and in no particular order....

1) The Last Ever After (School For Good and Evil #3) by Soman Chainani
I have loved this series since I got the first book at BEA (and the second book at the next BEA)! I'm beyond excited for the final installment of this fabulous series! I'm really rooting for a happy ending for all parties, especially Agatha and Sophie.

2) Rain (Paper Gods #2) by Amanda Sun
I finally read Ink a couple months ago and LOVED IT!!!! I'm huge into Asian culture, especially Japanese, so it was awesome to read about a girl traveling to this awesome country I have always wanted to go to. The plot itself was simply amazing and I really want to see what happens next!!

3)  Alchemystic (The Spellmason Chronicles #1) by Anton Strout
I came upon this series at a Penguin book warehouse sale in Kirkwood, NY (last one ever and it will heavily be missed by the community... *moment of silence*). However, as is common with many book sales, I could only find the second book. I read the description on Goodreads when I found the second book and thought it sounded like the old animated TV series Gargoyles that I used to love watching as a kid. Needless to say, I wonder how it matches up :)

4) A Whole New World (Twisted Tales #1) by Liz Braswell
I found this book when I saw one of my friends reading it on Goodreads. Now, I'm a hardcore Disney fan so this book sounded right up my alley and can't wait to read it and see what other books come out in the series.

5)  Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer
I have loved the Lunar Chronicles since I first read the description for Cinder! It's one of the only series where I feel a compelling need to keep reading straight through all the books. So, with that being said, not having Fairest is damaging my soul </3 (especially with Winter coming out in November!)

Well that's my wishlist! Hopefully, by the time you read this, I have already begun crossing off some of these books ;)
Happy Birthday To Me!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Amy! I hope you get all the books you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope the book fairy is good to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!!! It was a great birthday and the book fairy was very good to me ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...