Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR




~*~

Summer time! The time where--because of adulting--you're lucky if you get a week off somewhere warm and sandy to dig your toes in, read a book and possibly get a tan.

Because I'm reading more for work now, I need to set aside some summer reading time for myself.

Here are the top ten that I'm looking forward to FINALLY getting to.

1. The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon

I was talking to a friend recently and we both said that we like contemporaries in the summer, fantasy/science fiction in the fall. But because of work I haven't had time to hunker down and read this yet, so I'm definitely making time for this one! The cliffhanger-y ending of the first made me anxious for the sequel and I'm so enraptured with the world and Paige's story that I know I'll need to get to this ASAP.

2. Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee

What bibliophile isn't excited for this one? To Kill A Mockingbird changed my reading experience when I was younger and I'm eagerly anticipating a sequel. As soon as it comes out in July, I'm carving out a few days to savor it.

3. Lola and The Boy Next Door/Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

I devoured Anna while in Paris last year and I'm really hoping that I'll enjoy the companions as much as I did the first.

4. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

Ever since I graduated high school and assigned summer reading was no longer a thing, I've made those three months all about reading what I wanted to read. So, I'll definitely be skipping some sleep to consume this sequel to the amazing Kiss of Deception.

5. Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott

I recently saw an interview with Anne and she's amazing. I've read the beginning to Bird by Bird so many times but I need to really sit down with it and take notes. My writing will be the better for it.

6. Life On The Road by Gloria Steinem 

A few weeks ago I met Gloria at BEA and got a signed copy of her first book in 20 years. How can I not read it?

7. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera

I'm probably going to need to set aside some time to read this. I heard it might make me cry. Is crying at the beach as awkward as I imagine?

8. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

I desperately need to read it. I took it out from the library and it's sitting on my shelf, patiently awaiting the moment I'm done with the work books I have to read this month.

9. Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli 

This book. I have so many feels about a book I haven't read yet. I will be eating a lot of oreos while flying through this. I have a feeling.

10. No idea

I'm a mood reader. I rarely plan out what I'm reading because sometimes I just don't feel it. So I have no idea what else I want to get to this summer. This whole list could change.










1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...