Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Top Ten Books We've Read in 2015

My wonderful co-blogger and I decided to split the list this week for Top Ten Tuesday!

Brianna's Picks:

1. THE GIRL AT MIDNIGHT by Melissa Grey

Oh, friends. This was the book I was waiting desperately for and it was so worth it. These are the characters I wanted to hang around with long after the story was finished and I will happily await the sequels.

2. THE TRUTH ABOUT TWINKIE PIE by Kat Yeh

I loved this so much. I've been getting more and more into middle-grade and this book had so much heart that it was bursting with it. Such a sweet--no pun intended--and lovely story.

3. WHERE'D YOU GO BERNADETTE? by Marie Semple

This novel was perfect. I totally believe that some books are meant to be read at the right place and right time and for WYGB that time was few months ago. This was everything I love in a book: quirky, fun, heartfelt and a tad speculative and very meta. Just amazing.

4. THE MARTIAN by Andy Weir

THIS WAS SO EPIC AND SCARY AND AWESOME. I need the movie NOW.

5. AFTER PERFECT by Christina McDowell

Full disclosure: I worked on this book.
BUT. It's amazing. Moving, inspiring and a story of parental incarceration, finding yourself and forgiveness. A must read. Oprah Magazine and People Magazine both called it a summer page-turner, so you know I must be right.


Amy's Picks:

1. CRESS by Marissa Meyer

This is probably my favorite book in the Lunar Chronicles series so far :) I absolutely love Cress and her love story with Thorne! And it's not all the love story. So much happens with Cinder and Kai and all the other characters, it will leave you begging for more!

2. THE FALSE PRINCE by Jennifer A. Nielsen

This was a book I happened on by chance and I'm so happy I found it! It has to be my new favorite series! It has a kind of Anastasia-like feel; lost royalty and someone trying to pass an orphan off as the lost prince. And I absolutely love Sage! He's such a great protagonist that everyone will love to root for!

3. COPPER GIRL by Jennifer Allis Provost

This was another fabulous series that I just devoured! Provost sets up a great, magical world with amazing characters. I honestly can't say there was really anything I disliked about the book. It's got magic, romance and mystery that many can enjoy :)

4. TAKE BACK THE SKIES by Lucy Saxon

This was an extremely heart-felt book that hit me right in the feels! I'm still reeling over some of the occurrences in the book. Saxon creates a wonderful sci-fi world that I love to dive into time and again and I can't wait to pick up the second book!

5. ZODIAC by Romina Russell
This was a tough choice for the last spot but Zodiac won out mostly because of it's use of astrology in the story line. It was really interesting to see how the character's personalities differed based on their planet (which reflects the zodiac). Each was culturally different and I just loved it! The love triangle wasn't bad either ;)

Well that's our Top 10 Books Of 2015! Was one of our books in your Top 10? Tell us about it!

If you are interested in participating in Top 10, visit The Broke and the Bookish for next week's topic!

1 comment:

  1. By the way, Thank you for sharing with us, and we sincerely hope you will continue to update or post other articles.
    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan kerumut

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...