Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a feature--hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine--where bloggers share what books are burning up their TBR list.

So, as everyone in the book world knows, last week was BEA.

Those lucky enough to attend were able to get an amazing list of titles, which I'm sure most of you have seen in BEA Haul pictures.

I was amazingly fortunate to get a lot of books that I wanted to get--and some that I didn't think I'd get near!

However, I missed out on a few! (Yes, I know...poor me!) But I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to write a quick post-BEA themed Waiting On Wednesday.

Here's a few titles I wanted to get but didn't at BEA.








1. This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

This book has been on my radar for a while--and if it's not on yours, please redirect yourself to your TBR list and add this.

Just so you know, I'm expecting to cry through every page of this novel. And the cover? Is so chromatic and stunning.

2. Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, Deborah Biancotti

Who didn't want this novel? I actually haven't read anything by Mr. Westerfeld (Ducks and runs for cover) but this one looks especially epic. I want it. Now.

3. Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins

Every year, I make a BEA book list--I'm a horrible scheduler but I always manage to create a comprehensive list of books I MUST have. Until We Meet Again was top on that list. The concept is so me. It's a Brianna book and I missed it. Damn.







4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Well, I kind of knew I wasn't going to get this one. I mean, I heard tell that the lines were utterly unmanageable. I figured I wouldn't be able to get it. Oh well. Something to look forward to!

5. Reawakened by Colleen Houck

Oh my. Okay, well, this book wasn't even on my radar until I came home from BEA and saw a few twitter posts about it. Guys, this book was made for me. I was obsessed with Egypt as a kid--The Mummy and The Mummy Returns played frequently on our TV screens. I need this. Tomorrow. Please?

6. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

Ugh, I cannot believe I missed this one. I'm pretty angry about it because again, it was one of my top BEA hopes. I mean, it sounds epic. So why didn't I epically grab it at BEA? #isuck


5 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon This is Where it Ends recently. It sounds so amazing and the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it? I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited for Six of Crows! And that cover for Until We Meet Again is gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it's hard not to be, right? There's so many things about it that give me grabby hands. But the Until We Meet Again Cover is so stunning. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO MANY GOOD BOOKS!! I'm following a couple people on Twitter who've already read Six of Crows and I'm envious of their time...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...